Thursday, January 16, 2014

The biggest trouble maker, you'll ever meet...says HI to you in the mirror, every day.


If your eyes are open...you'll see things
worth seeing!
 
 
So today saw me off, to the races!
I had an early morning meeting, with a gentleman providing me with another opportunity to grow.
 
You know, I have never outgrown my love for coloring, and 
I am finally...making a wee bit of money from it.
 
What inspires someone like me?
A kid inside, who has never quite grown up.
As a young'un, years and years ago, my cousin and I
would literally color for hours at a time.
It was our goal...this time set aside, after all chores were
done, inside and outside of the home.
 
She lived next door to me.
We were more than cousins...we were the very best of friends.
We did everything together,including getting in trouble. 

I will never forget the spring when Grandpa Park,
had set out the beehives...close to the apple orchards.
Those curious white boxes, were HONEY holders.
 
Now there was something that needed exploring.
 
It was early in the day...the sun, had just started to warm
 the grasses under our feet.  
The hives were humming with activity, a droning buzz so intriguing for
the mind of a child.
 
 
Every child is born a naturalist.
Their eyes are by nature...open to the glory of  everything 
around them.
The stars, flowers, apple trees...
just the sweet mysteries of life.
 
 
Diane, being the oldest...said she would take a peek first.
 
OH NO!
 
The shock of seeing her covered in bees, yelling and swatting at everything! 
 
WE SHOULD HAVE LISTENED. 
 
It was obvious, this was the reason, we were told to stay away,
I ran crying, and screaming for help, as she collapsed to the ground. 
I could not have been more than four years of age.

This became a horrible nightmare.
She had to be hospitalized, for shock, and became so allergic
that she will carry an epi-pen, for the rest of her life.

All I got from it, was a whoppin'
and not being able to 
color for a few days, with the person who meant
the world to me.
 
I thought about this today
as I was driving home from my "coloring contract".
 
 
I need to call my cuz,
just to say "hi"...and do you remember when?


I used to spend so much time reacting and responding to everyone else that my life had no direction.  Other peoples lives,
problems, and wants set the course for my life.
Once I realized it was okay for me to think about and identify
what I wanted...remarkable things
began to happen.
All along the way...I colored.

3 comments:

  1. So neat that you have such a grand desire to color.... You will have to post or send to me some of the "contracted" coloring you have done if possible.... Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, thank you for your interest. Have you ever heard of SMART PJ's ? They are interactive pajamas, anyway the gentleman who contracted me for that, has been given another opportunity to expand, with ao company that creates POP-UP Tents for children. The same technology will be used, only it will be on a tent instead of their jammies. It's been fun, an opportunity to still stay a kid, and at 60...haha coloring is about the only thing that is still "young". LOL always good to hear from you.

      Delete
  2. What a grand story. Aaaaahhhh... coloring. I still enjoy it. So soothing. Thank you for your stories. They always encourage me in some way. Thank you for being willing to bare your sole for the benefit of others... ME! Love you... my "golden" friend. <3

    ReplyDelete