Saturday, January 11, 2014

Drugs...Death...and Dancing: Part III


 

...right now, right now
I want someone to kiss my forehead
and tell me
they are lucky to have me...


All I ever wanted to be was a 
Sweetheart
 and a good Mom.

I would take the kids for walks, 
that was our special time, where we would share the day, our cares, giggles, dreams.
They never got to old for that...they just got busy.
Sports, dating, school, jobs...LIFE.

We had struggles, like anybody else I am sure.
My man, was always willing to work, and eventually I found myself seeking a way to help out financially.  I cleaned homes, and businesses, commercial accounts as well as construction clean up, subtracted with Disaster Kleen-Up.   And then I decided I did not want to retire on my knees, so off I went and applied at an entry level position with a doctors office.
I LOVED IT!

My heart is with people.
My mission statement for every realm of my life:  home, work, play, church...became,
"Make 'em glad they came, no matter what!"
I can honestly say, that part of life was easy...it is natural to gravitate to the twinkle in a persons eye...make a handshake count, share a meaningful hug, or a touch to the shoulder.

What became the challenge when problems came, was to say:
We will work through this.

And then the guilt assailed me, as certain facts came to light...how had this happened?  Where in the world, was I as this behavior was taking root?   I had a great relationship with my kids... we could talk about anything...always  became, sorta', kinda' in the throes of a crisis...

So how do you live through a child, going to jail? 
It was  HELL...to see that soul you gave birth to, caged and fettered, controlled in the visits to sunshine, air, rainstorms...Christmas...
Tough love???
Consequence. 

And when you think your heart, simply cannot be broke again, it is.

You come to share a personal relationship in the agony and understanding of our Father in Heaven.
You appreciate more, those first rays of sunlight.  As you lay and let them sink into you, they become part of your DNA...to pass it along, in the next embrace...the next kiss, or hello.
You show up every week, for the visit.   You write letters.   You cry and pray a lot...you keep trying to make a difference, but so aware...that maybe you haven't in the lives of those who absolutely mean the MOST...
You never quit.  
 You keep HOPE, alive. 

Faith, isn't faith...until, it's all you have.

The only thing that makes sense...is that I had to have signed up for this, knowing it would be tough...but the benefits of the experience, far out weigh the personal pain.
Putting all else aside, it was the only logical conclusion, I came up with...

I remember having a talk with our third son, one night, in the darkness of an unlit room.  He was too, ashamed to have me look at him, but he needed to speak.
I asked him, WHY...please, I just need to understand the compulsion.
"Mom, it's like unwrapping your favorite piece of bubble-gum, that wonderful smell, the anticipation...then popping it into your mouth... you can feel the softness, laying on your tongue...your salivary glands are on overload...the juices begin to bubble up, and then you are told, DON'T CHEW IT, the compelling need to just chomp down on it once, takes over, any other thought you might have in your head.
When, the deliciousness is wore off, you want another piece."


Out of our five children, three have spent time behind bars.  Two, were compelled, one turned their self in...all related to prescription drug abuse, and what they did to feed, the need.

Tough love
Consequence
Counseling
Rehab
Quitting cold turkey
Injury
Surgery
Pain tolerance is almost non existent now, because the brain has been altered from past abuse.
Cycle starts over...
Our brain does not forget, that wonderful 
feeling of euphoria, when nothing hurts...
our hearts,
our mortal bodies,
our minds. 


"We believe, that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam's transgression." 
 Article of Faith #2


Live your life from you heart~
Share from your heart...
and
Your story will touch and heal people's souls. 


Could this story possibly help anyone, when there is just so much hurt, shame, regret...?
Only in the constant through it all, which is great 
love. 

Don't let thoughts that come from your mind...get in 
the way of
feelings, that come from your
heart.

Next time we meet...I will be 5 pounds lighter in
that fact of crying me a river, has
started up 
again.

 





 




5 comments:

  1. When I grow up Jamie, I want to be just like you!!! I find the more one suffers, the more well rounded they are. Thus the more humbled and far mote likeable!!! I love you forever!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey sweet, sweet Amber. You are a part of the story, too. Keep posted, for in great love...there is great healing. LOVE YOU FOREVER...Like you for always, forever and ever...our Amber, you'll be.

      Delete
  2. Jamie, I have to tell you again how much your writings touch my heart. Although I have not had any of my children go through what your's have, I can feel the pain in your soul as you express what you went through, and continue to feel the hurt even after the time that has passed..... I LOVE YOU for who you are, and I honestly want to come up there and just be with you for a day or two... but summer has to come first, and I have to okay with you and my hubby.. Waiting for your next installment... keep them coming... <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat..thank you. For some reason, today's INPUT was more grueling. LOVE YOU, my friend. You know, you are welcome here...anytime. ((HUGS))

      Delete