Saturday, January 4, 2014

Be still...and smile~

                                                         Be still...and know that I am God.


Today started out like almost every other Saturday...busy, busy, busy.  I had a cabin to clean, and Starr was going to help me, before the shift of her regular job started.   We started for the lake, the sun was just busting up over the horizon, and I wanted so badly to stop somewhere, and just breathe.  But where to do that?   The banks on both sides of the road are mountains of snow, and by now...a trail of trucks, pulling their sledding trailers were lining up behind us on the highway.

The older I get the more I appreciate that non-descript farmer, just meandering along the road...taking in the grandeur of life that surrounds him.  I am not a farmer, just an aging woman...who likes what she sees, and is grateful.

Life has a way, of getting out of control...doesn't it?  I've always hoped that the way I'm living is not so busy, that Heavenly Father will still see what is in my heart.  I worry at times though, concerned that I am trying to prove something that doesn't need proving~  I hope  my relationship with our Savior, is evident to him and God, that knowing them both, is not so much about what I do, but rather how I love...who I love.   I want to be as gold, as the sun I saw busting through the fog, this morning.

Well, we arrived at the cabin...and it was evident that NO ONE WAS LEAVING today.  Party, hearty was strewn across the grounds, with sleds randomly parked, like wild horses left to graze.  Someone had made a mistake.  I am backing out the plowed drive while calling the owner.  NO answer, ok...I left a message indicating I would return at some point...hoping to be able to negotiate everyone's future time restraints, and get the job done.

It is a 60 mile round trip from our cabin, to the one we were supposed to prepare for the next guests.  Mind you we left in the flurry of...hurry, hurry, hurry...and by now, nature is starting to call.   Oh my heck, there is NO place to stop...until we get back home.  So I am totally concentrating on keeping things together.

*********************************************************************************

As we pull into our drive, Starr is peeling in laughter...I am sure my face brought new meaning to contortionist, and my cross-legged waddle up the stairs to the front porch, left me busting a gut.   The phone rings as I reach, the door, " Jamie...ah...I just wanted to apologize for the mistake.   The guests departure is not until tomorrow.  I am so sorry." 

 I am still...and I smile.  There is sunshine, flooding every where~

No comments:

Post a Comment