Friday, January 17, 2014

Drugs...Death...and Dancing! Part VI



I thought I wept...for days that were,
but I did not~
I shed my tears, for the me, that would not be...again.



I just love this picture.

It was taken at Mack's Inn, ID.  2008 at
Thanksgiving time.
It was the last time, 
our immediate family, was able to get together.

I want to make a statement here.

THE DANCE...is life! 
It is the infinite, and the minute moments of everything
that comes along.  For me, as a Mom, as a Lover,
Auntie...Nana, friend, daughter...grand daughter...it is being 
able to embrace life, no matter what.

It is courage, it is momentary despair, it is beauty 
in the simple pleasures, or the great pleasures.
It is
recognizing God's hand in everything, 
and expressing
my thanks~

It is reaching out to people...doesn't have to be a 
big thing...doesn't even have to be a "thing"...
could be a silent prayer in their behalf,
could be the phone call that let's them know, 
they matter,
could be the gentle touch on their shoulder,
in passing by.

*****

Last night, I was busy heating up LG's marinara, to go with
some fresh spinach and cheese ravioli's.
Salad was made, table set...candles lit.
I had turned on the broiler, to toast a few bread sticks.
All of a sudden I noticed the kitchen filling with smoke,
and it was pouring out of the seal near the
oven door.
I cracked it open to see why...
FIRE!

Oh my heck, I had forgotten, that we had leftover pizza,
in the box from the other night.
And it was a full-fledged, all out flame!!

I must have screamed, I was grabbing inside to get it,
when there was my man,
pushing me out of the way, and taking the inferno,
out of my hands. 

I saw my life pass before my eyes...
Throwing it into the sink and blasting away with the faucet...
I began to blow on it!
Why it didn't snake up and grab the curtains above us,
I have  no idea.
Why LG & I did not burn our hands...
I have NO idea.


I took another deep breath and said, I can't believe  this...
and then there was this
black stinky, smoldering piece of
cardboard, being tossed outside to die in the snow.

I felt like a little kid.
I waited for the reprimand, or the stern look...
something, anything,
that let me know
this was stupid, and should not have happened.

But, it never came.

A few minutes later, we were seated at the table...holding
hands, ready for a prayer on the food.

I peeked with one eye to look at my guy...wondering why
he had not started to pray.
There he was sneaking a peek at me, grinning away...
shaking in controlled laughter, that
could not be contained, and 
erupted
in an all out guffaw!

Lord, have mercy!  And THANK YOU,
for keeping, us & the house free from harm, and the ravages
of a fire.

Tomorrow, has deep cleaning, written all over it~


*****

People may forget what you say...
They may forget what you do,
BUT
They will never forget the way you make them feel

I like me best, when I'm with...
YOU!
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Our men are golden and we are blessed. I love that LG's reaction, was laughter. My husband would do the same. We are never afraid and that's the best feeling. Some women don't have the same. I love you Jamie. <3

    ReplyDelete