Thursday, October 16, 2014

Begin with YES!


Everyone is trying to accomplish something Big, not realizing that life is made up of an array of 
little things... 



I just returned from a quick trip to Utah.
Went down to spend a little time with siblings and to babysit
for a son and daughter in law who were celebrating
an anniversary!

It was four days of jam packed adventure.
A pumpkin patch walk about...
then coming home to dig out the guts, plant random seeds,
and carve lopsided grins with scary eyes.

Walks in the leaves, and rides looking for Halloween decorations set out by others. 
McDonalds, was the choice for treats!

Bed time stories,

paper jets,
 football games...
and just hanging out with 'Nanna.


Every time I show up with out Pap, though
it is a let down for these precious babies.
They love their grandpa...and so do I!



It is amazing to me, how the world around us is always scrambling
to find something bigger and better to occupy their time,
their wish lists, their accomplishments.

There is nothing wrong with that.  Goals and reached goals are mandatory for society to continue on.  

BUT
it is so important along the way
to find a balance.

Notice the
little things, the simple things,
the transformation of
leaves in fall...
The miracle of a harvest in and of itself.
The sudden air formations
as geese, trumpeter swans and other fowl
find their way south.

The disappearance of bats, and mosquitoes, when the temperatures get cooler, and in the same breath...the sudden visits of
those little four legged creatures, mice...who are trying to find a warmer place to roost with the winter months coming up.

At our cabin...UNLUCKY for them...because, well
I don't like how they startle
the daylights out of me, so I have an abundance of traps
strategically placed to end any trespassers life.

I think the word is getting out.
The traps have began to lie dormant ~ but ever waiting.
***

Today, as I was loading up the cardboard, left over from all of the equipment, my husband purchases for our business,
I was stopped in my tracks, 
caught up in the delight of diamonds that
sparkled in a cobweb off the eaves of our front porch.

I have left it alone, hoping to share it with loved ones who are coming to visit this weekend.


The smell of cinnamon and cloves entrap all of my senses.
I want to bake, or simmer my own potpourri,
or create sachets for drawers, 
or just dip myself in their oils and relive the memories of
sticking cloves in oranges as a school project  
The one that
we would bring home and wrap ever so carefully and present
as a gift for our Mother or Grandmother...or auntie,
or hide it away for our self.


I bought myself a new box of markers.
I love to color, and I am making plans for another illustration
project.


I have always been a "barefoot" type of girl, and wear flip flops way past the time of being sensible.
So today, I slipped on my wool slippers, and realized it is ok
to admit, that I like that all encompassing feeling
of warm toes.

The fire is stoked.

Chinese take-out is awaiting the return 
of my man.

Down filled quilts are on the beds, just waiting for the arrival
of family tonight.






An ordinary  miracle awaits you today, wrapped up like it's 
nothing new...you almost pass it by again,
and then there it is, 
right before your eyes.
Rejoice in the ordinary~





No comments:

Post a Comment