Monday, October 6, 2014

"All we have to do, is decide what to do with the time given us." Tolkein





There are moments that'll
last forever
etched in our memories
written on our souls...



I've been away for a while.

Sometimes life just gets in the way of really 
doing the things your heart wants to.

The summer came, and the summer is gone.

Worked, worked...and worked some more.
My guy, has been gone so much 
I jokingly told him we needed to buy a fifth wheel so I could travel with him, just so I won't  forget what he looks like.

That being said, we are here at the threshold of 
my favorite season of the year...fall.

October is the years last loveliest smile.
It heralds all the things I love....spice candles,
the flash of bright orange and reds and burnished gold in the leaves, the pumpkins,
the festive lights dangled from the porch as a welcome to all who pass by, or actually stop in for a hello.
Hearty soups, baked breads and pies, cookies galore.
Walks through the woods...and entrapment
for kids who love a good ghost story, at the knees of Nana. 

It welcomes in all of the wonderful holidays~

***

We've had some family affected in this marathon called life.

Death of a beloved grandmother.

Sister fighting a valiant battle of cancer.

Career moves, and more moves.

An Ultra marathon
50 miles of mountain trails, and the triumph in that completion.
(No, it was not me, but a beloved daughter-in-law.)

Witnessing my man, fall with a ladder, 20 feet up
crashing
onto a woodpile!
(He walked away with bruises only and a minor cut, but wounded pride because his woman saw it happen!) 


A wonderful Family Reunion, where all hearts were reunited!






Grandbabies getting a year older...
and deciding
that I can choose to look good in "gray"
or still keep touching up with a little blonde  highlighting.
For right now, I choose a little gold, mixed in with the silver.




I turned 60, this year.

I've learned to take the good with the bad, but more importantly learned to see everything that happens along the way
as something  I can use to better myself.

Be good!
Do good...share your goodness~


1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed these glimpses into your life...I'm so blessed to know you, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete